商場老友重相逢
Tom: Howard! Great to see you again!
(Howard!真高興再見到你!)
Howard: Good to see you too, Tom. How was your
flight?
(我也很高興見到你!這趟飛得還順利吧?)
T: Good. No holdups at the airport,
and the flight was comfortable. I was able to take a nap on the way over.
(很好。在機場沒有延誤,這一路也很舒適。我還在飛機上睡了一會兒呢!)
H: Good. Do you have any jet
lag?
(那好!會不會還不太適應時差?)
T: NO, not now. I adjusted to the time
difference while I was in Korea and Hong Kong, so I’ll be all right.
(現在不會了。我在韓國、香港的時候,就漸漸適應時差了,所以應該沒有時差問題。)
H: That’s good. I always get bad jet lag when I
travel.
(那就好。像我每次旅行都很難適應時差。)
T: So, how is you wife doing, Howard?
(那嫂夫人最近好嗎?)
H: She’s doing fine, thank you. How is your
family?
(很好,謝謝。你的家人都好嗎?)
T: Fine, thanks. My wife wanted me to say thank you
for you gift last time. She liked the jewelry box very much.
(很好!謝謝。我太太要我代她謝謝你上回送的禮物,她很喜歡那個珠寶盒。)
H: Oh, it was nothing. I’m glad she liked it.
(噢,小意思,她喜歡就好。)
T: I heard you had a typhoon recently.
(聽說你們這裡最近有颱風?)
H: Yes, but is wasn’t too serious. The Weather
forecast for the next few days looks very good, so we don’t need to worry about
it.
(是有,但只是輕度颱風。未有幾天的天氣預測看來很好,我們大可不必擔心天氣。)
T: Wonderful. I was hoping to get some exercise
and go sightseeing. Will we have enough time?
(好極了。我想運動運動,也想去觀光一下,我們有時間吧?)
H: Sue. Your schedule is very flexible. The only
firm appointments are to spend a day at the factory tomorrow, and a half day at the office
on Wednesday.
(當然。你的行程很有彈性,唯一排定的約是明天一天要待在工廠,星期三則要在公司待上半天。)
T: What are some good places to see in Taiwan?
Last time I only visited Window on China, but it was really very interesting.
(台灣有些什麼好地方可以觀光?上回我只去過「小人國」,那裏很好玩。)
H: This time we can go to the National Palace
Museum, and Snake Alley.
(我們可以挑一天去故宮博物院,再去華西街瞧瞧。)
T: Sounds very exciting.
(聽起來很棒。)
H: And we can take you shopping before you leave.
(你回去之前,我們還可以去逛街買東西。)
T: Great. It’s good to be here, Howard. And it’s
really good to see you again.
(好極了。真高興來這裡,Howard,更高興能再見到你。)
H: It’s good to have you, Tom.
(你能來真好,Tom)
版權屬於遠流出版公司,禁止未經授權的翻印或轉載。
|